poem, 12.24.07

Photo I took at a KTV (karaoke) birthday party in China
I haven't shared any poetry in awhile.

This poem I wrote while we were living in China.  The picture I had while writing it down on paper was that of African dancers in a hut-type dance club.






I am a river running
Running hard, running fast
Running quickly to the rebirth
     of our selves from our past.

I love to fly
I love to soar
Love to pour more and more.

Moving hard, moving fast
Ripping through like a tide
Moving fast
To the heart of who you are

I feel a stirring
feel a call
A passion deep inside myself
that says to give my all

All to you,
All I have
All my past, all my views
Whether dark or clear
I'm drawing near
To the heart of who you are.

It is beating like a drum
Saying, "Come," saying, "Come
To a place that's wild and free,
A place where there is me
Drumming hard, drumming fast
For the miracle come to pass
Of my son, just a boy,
But the bringer of great joy
To a people blind and dark,
People waiting for a spark
Of my life, of my beat,
To get caught up in the heat
Of my rhythm moving fast,
Moving far, moving hard,
Dancing like a swinging star
Here I am, here you are.

You have come to find my peace
and the joy of sweet release--
You have also come for something,
A desire that is coming
From your deep,
Moving fast, seeking out a Father's
laugh, a Father's heart, a Father's cry,
A Father waiting in the sky
With a home that is new,
Made for me, made for you
A place where all can dance,
see my sun, take a chance,
Find a life there in the Son,
Dancing hard, dancing true,
Feeling totally renewed,
With the beat of my heat,
From the sun of my son.

It is real, it is joy,
It is more than just a ploy...
I am real, I am yours,
I am ready to be stores of
     great wealth
Where you find a piece of me,
     peace of mind,
Rest from dancing, rest from fear,
I am far, but I am near.
Here to dance, here to sing,
Here to wear your wedding ring
As we dance in the Son,
You know this play has just begun................"

Comments

Popular Posts