No Twitter Widget

Now, say that 5 times fast! Alright, so I proved to have too much else going on in my life to be a consistent tweeter (twitterer?). So, the widget has been taken off of that column to the right to save me the embarrassment.

And apparently, I haven't been much of a blogger lately. But I promise you there is good reason for this! I have been experiencing a complete overhaul in my life lately...remember how I talked about the season of fall earlier? Well, I have been experiencing fall in pretty much every aspect of my life lately. The theme keeps appearing of "death...that you might have life." This is happening in the church aspect of my life, the family aspect, the marriage aspect, and the career aspect.

Death of career has been the most obvious sign of autumn in my life lately. Two Saturdays ago, on October 16, I knew that the Lord was asking me to step away from the vocational love of my life--acting. It had become apparent that there was healing and maturing needed in my heart, and that in order for that to take place, I needed to follow Him, obey His life-giving voice, and sever all ties with acting...at least for now. What did that look like? Canceling an exciting audition at a point when I was finally experiencing momentum as an actress. Politely canceling (without burning any bridges) my first interview with a New York City talent agent. And little things, like taking the blaring "I am actress; hear me roar!" decorations off of my favorite coffee traveler mug, and taking "Actress" off of my email signature.

What now? Ha! I don't know. And I am incredibly at peace. I know I am exactly where He wants me, and that is better than any other path. I am discovering the incredible truth of Matthew 16:24-26 from the Bible:

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it. What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul?

Will I ever act again? Oh, golly, I hope so. If someone asks me, as they did last night, "What do you want to do for the rest of your life?" my answer is, "Act in films. I just want to make a living acting in films." But, following Jesus' example in the garden (Matthew 26:39), as he faced His cross, I am starting to pray, "Lord, I really, really want to act. You know that. You made me this way, I believe. But I trust you; you love me so much. And more than what I want, I want what you want." This is a good prayer.

Comments

Popular Posts