The Book I'm Writing: You Can Help!

This week, I finished the first draft of the book I have been working on for the last couple of years. The working title is The Power of Pretend: How, on Earth, Can You Be a Christian and an Actor?

WHO the book is for:
  • Actors, especially Jesus-loving and Jesus-curious ones
  • Artists of all stripes
  • Friends of artists
  • Any Christian who desires to better unite their faith and their work
  • The "dearly beloved": those who long for something, and don't yet know it's Jesus 
WHAT the book is about: 
  • My own journey of trying to be both a serious Christian and a serious actor
  • An in-depth look at the struggles that Christian actors can face
  • A dream for acting and the performing arts as they could be, thriving under Christ's direction
  • An invitation to follow God's dreams for us as artists
WHY I wrote the book:
  • To provide others with the resource I could never seem to find
  • To help myself and others believe that it is possible to be a serious Christian and a serious actor
  • To expose the unique requirements and unique temptations actors can face
  • To entice my fellow artists with the exquisite beauty of Christ
  • To see God bring his kingdom to earth through his artists

HOW YOU CAN HELP: I will be meeting soon with a publishing house to pitch the book, and I would love two things from you, my awesome blog readers:

1. Prayer
2. If you are interested in buying the book once it is published, please comment below. It will help me so much with the publisher if I can show that there is already built-in interest in this book.

Thank you!! I am so excited. I've never written a book before, and I feel like this one has been percolating in my head, heart, soul, and spirit for at least the last fourteen years.








*If you are having trouble commenting, I found the following advice online; hopefully it works for you: Be sure that 3rd Party Cookies are enabled in your internet browser. You can see a visual tutorial about how to do this.


Comments

  1. Well, of course I'd want to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can’t wait to hopefully get my hands on this work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I will definitely be looking forward to it's publishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so excited for this book! Can’t wait to get my hands on this and share with family and friends in the States, UK, Netherlands and South Africa! I’m sure they are all going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not an actor, but I would love to read your book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE to read your book! So excited! Will be praying it gets into the hands of those who will appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts