10 reasons why I love living in New York

Possibly not the most original post, but there is a reason this topic gets rehashed so often. It really is a city like none other.

1. I just looked out my apartment window and noticed a big blimp in the sky, and I know that it is there because it is flying over the U.S. Open. I can see the blimp that can see this nationally-televised renowned sporting event!

2. You are consistently mashed together with lots and lots of other people, from every location imaginable.

3. Seasons!

4. I can see the Empire State Building from my corner.

5. I am in a play right now--Shakespeare's Julius Caesar--and in our cast we have southerners & Texans, native New Yorkers, a Norwegian, a Japanese-American guy who lived on a military base in Japan until a year ago, our director is a Brit, and if you go back to our ancestry, we are Cuban, German, native American, etc, etc, etc.

6. The nation's most extensive--if not most reliable--public transportation network.

7. I live 1 subway stop away from the studio where they film 30 Rock, and where The Devil Wears Prada was filmed, among many other productions.

8. One day, walking home from the subway, I passed a shoot for the show White Collar...literally three blocks from my apartment!

9. I live on an island.

10. The promise that, "If you can make it here, you can make it anywhere."


Comments

Popular Posts