Who's gonna be the Christian to the Christian?

Okay, I can't be alone here. And I am under no illusion that lots of people are going to read this post, but I just need to get it out there. I called my sister to rant, but she was busy, and I've got to get it out somewhere.

Am I alone in feeling like, as a Christian, I am being told that I am just put on this earth to serve other people? That life is all about other people? Well, I'm sorry, but, let me be honest here: What happens when I need to be served? What happens when I feel like crap, and I just need someone to listen and not think that I am a horrible Christian or--heaven forbid--a b**** if I am angry at the world?

Where do I go to get my needs met? I can hear Paul saying from the Bible, "And my God will meet all your needs." And I have this voice inside me saying that I should just trust that and stop my whining, but I mean, really. Who on this earth do I go to? Is there no human out there who can listen to me without judging me?

And I am now reading yet another Christian book telling me all the things that I am doing wrong in how I am loving people who are not Christians. Well, did anyone ever stop and think that Christians may be the most emotionally needy people there are sometimes? That we aren't allowed to fall apart, and yet are demanded to be loving at all times, "in season and out of season"?

I'm starting to crack.

I can't be alone in feeling this way, can I?

Comments

Popular Posts