Always His Kid


So, my mom just sent me this photo of my dad and me when I was three years old. My dad grew up on a farm in Wharton, Texas, and this was one of the cows at the farm. I love this picture. I remember feeling so loved and taken care of as a kid. I know that not everyone did, and I mean no disrespect; this is just my experience in life.

I have to say that getting into the high school years and leaving home was much harder. I remember feeling like I wanted so badly to find the rule book so that I would know how to do the right thing so that I could be loved and secure, but I couldn't find it anywhere, so life became a lot scarier.

Sometimes, I just want to sit on my dad's shoulders and be taken care of again. And maybe that's what God really wants me to do. Maybe this whole "adult", "take care of yourself" thing is missing the point. Maybe we were never meant to take care of ourselves, and that's why adults get so stressed--because they are trying so hard to take care of their lives when really, they are meant to still be kids.

In Philippians 4:19, Paul says, "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus."

Also, Isaiah 40:11b talks about God as a shepherd, and says, "he gently leads those that have young." And those are the moms! When I was a kid, I truly thought my parents knew everything and could take care of everything. But here, God is treating parents as his kids, leading them gently.

I don't wanna grow up. God, teach me how to trust you as a child trusts her father and mother.

Comments

Popular Posts