This is my friend, Sarah.

I thought I would dedicate this blog post to a friend of mine who is both recent and dear.  She is moving away soon, and this interview is my ode to her.

Sarah and I have stood in the coffee house trenches together, teaming up to create thousands of drinks and connections.  And people have regularly confused us for each other, which I don't mind.

Our friendship has been set to the tune of steam wands, espresso shots, afternoon hikes, and healthy conversations over fast food.  Oh, and lots of prayer.

What I like best about Sarah being my friend is that she takes the time to listen to me and value me and share in my joys and frustrations.

In return, this interview is my attempt to give you a peek at her strong, beautiful, humble princess heart.

***

Sarah and I sit across from each other at a familiar restaurant table, with warm afternoon light popping in on our conversation from outside.


What is your favorite color?
Yellow.  It makes me think of Belle's dress [in Beauty and the Beast], or a yellow jeep without doors.

What are all of the places you have lived?
Dallas, Omaha, Saint Louis, Springfield, Sugarland, College Station, San Antonio, Tulsa, and soon Birmingham.

What is your favorite sound?
When I am waking up early on a very cold night, and I can hear the metal of the train tracks. 

What is your favorite thing about working at Starbucks?
The ability to ask people anything and they'll answer your question.

Tell me about your ideal man.
He loves Jesus, he's taller than me, and he's super kind to other people, not just to me.

What is your favorite movie?
It's a Wonderful Life.  Mary Bailey is cool--like a rock star.  She has guts.  She just goes up to the guy she likes and initiates conversation, and she sticks around.  She gets a college education, and she marries George Bailey.  And the story is not about her.

Tell me your testimony [Christian faith story].
I was raised in a Christian family, so I knew Him [Jesus].  Then when I went to college, I was like, "What do I believe?"  The last few years have been a test of faith.  I've learned that I make stupid mistakes, but I am in His arms.

If you could answer any question here, what would it be?
"What is your craziest scar?"  When I was 7, I stepped on a toothpick, and I got part of it out, but the rest was left in there for 9 months!  I had to have surgery to get the other half of the toothpick out.  

So, you just stuck a toothpick in your foot?
I was making a paper banjo.

Of course.

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Alaska.  But not for too long and I would live there in summer.  

Why Alaska?
You're surrounded by mountains and trees, and the Northern Lights.  Nature makes me look up and forget.  It reminds me that the world is bigger than me.

If you were stranded on a deserted island with just one person, who would you want it to be?
I guess it's too stereotypical to say Jesus?

Right, other than Jesus.
Probably Martha Stewart.  She's really handy.  She knows how to get all of the seeds out of a pomegranate.

If you had to listen to only one song, over and over, for the rest of your life, what would it be?
The song from the movie Little Women (1994) where Beth is dying.  It's only two minutes long, but I have it on a cd.  But it would have to be on replay so I wouldn't be distracted and have to change it every two minutes.

Who is the fictional character that you most relate to?
Jo March [from Little Women].  She loves books and writing, she's brave, she's close to her sisters and her family, and she's confident in who she is, but she's not always like other people.  Also, she marries the old, ugly guy, which is probably what's going to happen to me.

What is your favorite word?
Grace.  Sorry, that's probably too cliche.  I like the meaning, and how it sounds, and the name, and the song, "Amazing Grace".  And I went to Grace Bible Church in college.

Is there anything else we should know about you?
I still want a Jeep.  But preferably with doors.




Comments

  1. Haha! Loved this conversation....especially the part about Martha Stewart getting all the seeds out of a pomegranate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts