An Ode to My Family









I spent a lot of time with these guys this last week.



















And I've gotta say, they're pretty great.
















We were ourselves together.












We got dressed up and celebrated my dear cousin's marriage.














I looked at the world through the eyes of my nieces and nephew.










I shared some tasty brew with my rockin' cool brother-in-law.






Did I mention we were ourselves together?






(This is what happens when you put my sister and me together.)



And the whole thing reminded me of something: the kingdom.  
Where what the king wants done gets done.  


Especially when my whole mom's side of the family gathered around my cousin and her husband at their wedding reception and sang "The Lord Bless You and Keep You" in four-part harmony, 

as we do at every family gathering.  





You know what I see when I look at these pictures?  Real joy.  Real community.


Real crazy.




The kingdom.


I am a visual and experiential learner; 
I guess God figured I needed a little reminder of what it's all about.






Matthew 13:45-46.


Comments

Popular Posts