Shelter in Place

I woke up with anxiety--with my mind getting thrown around and weighted down. My friends are struggling with or struggling for work. I am trying to be a good mom and a good wife and a good friend and a good citizen and a good teacher who is now an online teacher, all from home.

I couldn't stop my brain, so I got up, went downstairs, read the Bible and then stretched. In the same way I enjoy the catharsis of acting--the outlet for channeling all of those deep human emotions we all feel and some of us express through art--my stretching this morning became a prayer, a way to take the turmoil just out of my head and push it through my veins and muscles and breath and out to my Savior.

Then I noticed the first light of the sun stealing away the darkness outside, and I heard the first chirping birds of the morning oblivious to human struggles, boldly interrupting the heavy silence. I was reminded that my word of the year between God and me is "faithful." Partly, God's using that word to shape me into a more faithful person. This morning, I sensed the invitation to rest in a faithful God.

Yes, it's dark out there. But His story ends with a sunrise.

Comments

Popular Posts