Here I am...finally.

Here I am…finally.

My husband has been bugging me for quite some time to start blogging. We'll be laying in bed, and I'll go off on one of my tangents about life, and he'll say, "You should start a blog." He started putting a little sigh in somewhere along the way, knowing that I wouldn't take him up on the offer. But this morning, something changed. I said, "Okay, I'll do it."

So, here I am...finally. The blog doesn't look all pretty and customized exactly how I want it yet. I chose one of the travel-themed templates because travel is a very important dialect in the language of this particular heart. I chose the name "1 Slice of Apple Pie" to be cute and creative and catchy, and because I live in America, where apple pie is considered...well, I don't know what it's considered anymore, but somehow this phrase got started many years ago that says something is "as American as apple pie." And I am one (no, actually "1"--because putting a number up there in the title is catchier) slice of that pie. And no, I have never seen the American Pie movies and don't really have any interest, so I am not referencing those at all.

Who am I? Well, I think that, for now, I want to remain anonymous (I haven't worked out all the details, but something in me said, "Just write. Just get something out there, and then the details will come together as they come together."). But some things about me will give definition to this blog:

I am an actress, I am from Austin, TX, I live in Queens, New York City, US of A, and I have been married about 5 and a half years. Covering over all that is the most important, all-consuming fact of my life: I am a Christian.

Okay, here's the tangent where I give some disclaimers: I know, I know, I know what you may be thinking: "Oh, here we go. This will be a preachy blog." Oh, I hope that it isn't. And I hope that you give me a chance, dear reader (calling you "dear" hopefully will keep you here...is it working?). Christians have given themselves/have been given a pretty bad name here in America, and I am just as much a hypocrite as the next human being, but I hope to be very real with you here. To put it simply: my friend in the cast of a play I am in asked me the other day, "So, you follow Jesus Christ?" And I said, "Yes, yes I do." I won't censor it, but hopefully I will present an authentic look into the life of a struggling, human, Christ-follower...who is also passionately but imperfectly an actress, a wife, a friend, a New Yorker, etc...

So, with that said...(drum roll please)...

drums rolling...drums rolling...drums rolling...and PA!

This is the beginning of 1 Slice of Apple Pie. Welcome! Please check back regularly. I know I will.

Comments

Popular Posts