Praying for Justin Bieber

So, yesterday, I joined the Hollywood Prayer Network. You can visit their website at http://www.hollywoodprayernetwork.org/. I had had a bit of contact with them years ago, but stumbling upon them this time, I knew the timing was right. I signed up for their newsletter and even volunteered to act as an intercessor (person who prays) paired up with one person in Hollywood who has requested to be prayed for. I am excited to see what comes of it. I don't feel up to the task on my own at all, but I can "feel God's pleasure", as Eric Liddell says in Chariots of Fire, in signing up and taking on the challenge. I am trusting that God will teach me how to pray, and mold and shape my heart in the process.

And as I was looking over HPN's website, I noticed a link that said, "Justin Bieber's mom, Pattie asks YOU to pray for her son. Click HERE for more information." And I did. And I read through her requests and prayed for things like health for Justin's voice, wisdom to not give into the temptations that come with fame, and other specific requests from this Christian mom for her pop star son. And you know what? My heart did change, if even just a little. Somehow, as I prayed, I no longer saw him as Justin Bieber, super star who needs nothing from me, but as Justin Bieber, my brother in Jesus who is a fellow human being, in need of kindness, gentleness, and love.

I like this. I'm gonna keep praying...so help me God.

Comments

  1. Note: I stated above that "I don't feel up to the task on my own at all," by which I meant that I am not great at being disciplined about praying for specific people, no matter how much I care about them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts